Build Your Own Blog Like This One
More and more people have decided to start and start their own business. Are you among them? If so, you must be wondering what are the most effective ways to offer a more competitive image and build trust in your audience.
Well, one of the most important points in this area: it is professional or corporate email.
What is a professional email?
A professional email is an address with its own domain. That is, it is not associated with any public server such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, Outlook, among others.
How to create a corporate email?
In this case, all you need is a Domain and a Hosting.
The domain is a key part of this process since it contains the proper name of your business, which is of great significance when creating a reputation among your users.
Hosting, on the other hand, is a web server permanently connected to the Internet, which also includes the technical support that you will need at all times as a source of help, both in advice, consultancy or as a help center.
Once I have my Domain and Hosting services, what options do I have? What kind of emails can I create?
Once these steps have been reached and according to the benefits offered by the Hosting, we can have several email accounts on the same server.
If the name of your business is "My Business", all the accounts will be @ minegocio.com, for example, and depending on the needs or the objective of them, they can be of 2 types:
Personal: These accounts are created based on the names or initials of the people. For example, if someone who is part of the company is called "Ana Medina", the email would be firstname.lastname@example.org. These types of accounts are excellent if you want to give your own character to the communication of the company.
Oriented: These accounts are designed to work all typical areas of corporate communication: email@example.com , multilingual staff , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , administratio firstname.lastname@example.org , among others.
The difference between the two options is quite clear. However, it must be borne in mind that even if it is a small company or in its startup stage, different management emails can be created assigned to each sector depending on your objectives.
5 advantages of having an email with your own domain.
1. Corporate image: The first advantage is associated with the image projected by a business or company that has a personal email address. In this sense, a personal domain provides an image of responsibility and commitment. In addition, it generates more confidence in the client, so your reputation will improve exponentially.
2. Communication in departments: This is a term widely used in the business world. When they refer to "departing communication", they intend to segment or divide it according to the different areas of the company. This would allow the different parties to better organize the information they send and receive. Similarly, this allows you to separate personal and business emails, which is a very useful method when ordering the work to be done.
3. Promotion and positioning: It is proven that corporate emails are more easily remembered by customers than normal or personal emails. That is, someone is more likely to remember an address such as email@example.com , for example, than to do so with a different account than what they are looking for. In the same way, every time you send an email, you will remind the user of your company name and your domain, so it will be easier for them to locate your website. Great strategy, don't you think?
4. Privacy: Did you know that the information you send by email using common public servers is stored in their domains? In this sense, the developers of the messaging platforms you use may have access to your data. This does not happen in the case of own domains, so your information and that of your clients will be completely protected and secure.
5. Speed and effectiveness: Well-known servers like Gmail or Hotmail have millions of users, which can cause their services to slow down in some cases. An own and corporate domain has much less traffic, so it will be more effective. In addition to this, we have the fact that a company whose departments communicate through its own messaging system better fulfills its tasks since the information reaches each sector in a precise, organized and expeditious manner.
What types of domains exist and which is the best for your business?
The three most common types of domains for professional emails are as follows ...
1. Generic domains or gTLD (geopraphical Top Level Domain):
These domains do not fit the environment of a specific country. We know them to be the most common and have extensions .com, .org, .net, and so on.
In this way, .com domains are used for companies and commercial organizations around the world, .org are for non-profit organizations and institutions or NGOs; and .net extensions are for companies or businesses related to Internet services.
2. CcTLD (country code Top Level Domain) territorial domains:
They consist of the domains for a certain or specific country. They offer the possibility of obtaining an extension according to each region. For example, a .cl domain would be for Chile, one .es would be for Spain, one .ar for Argentina, and so on.
3. Third level domains:
These domains work as a combination of the previous ones. In other words, they serve the same purpose as gTLD domains and, at the same time, acquire the territorial identity of ccTLDs. An example of this would be a .com.mx or .com.ar extension. Educational (.edu) and government (.guv) domains are characteristic of this category.
Choosing the best type of domain will depend on what you need for your business. A .com extension is better ranked by Google search engines, therefore it is more profitable in terms of SEO. But if you intend to work based on the region you want to cover, a ccTLD domain is for you.
Manage your emails with Webmail.
At this point, you will be trying to figure out how to view and manage your corporate emails and ... Here comes the best part! ...
This is Webmail, a corporate email tool, which allows you to manage your email by directly accessing the server via the web and without having to configure it in a manager or software that needs to be installed on a computer. Among its main advantages are:
- It allows you to check your email from any computer or mobile without installing anything.
- It does not require constant local backups.
- Supports multiple users to use the same account for department accounts.
- Sending and receiving emails is much faster since all the management is done from the Hosting itself.
So now you know, we have given you all the information and tips you need to know to create and maintain a corporate email. Do not wait any longer and take advantage of all the benefits that its use can bring to your company, brand or business!